This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Day - 2010


I have no idea why, but this was the most enjoyable Thanksgiving I ever remember. Kristen and Corey were our hosts this year. Wednesday night Michelle helped Kristen prepare everything ahead they could, so the holiday morning would be less hectic for Kristen. Our girls are a great team. They always work together. I'm very thankful for that. I hope they both foster this in their children.

Kristen's table looked so beautiful, centered with a flower piece Michelle "put together", as she says. I'm so proud Michelle inherited my Mom's creative ability. There isn't much she won't tackle and the outcome is always a work of art to be proud of.

Instead of the usual grace said every holiday, each of us, kids included, took a turn to say what they were thankful for this year. Each of my grandchildren was thankful for their sibling and family. Of course they threw in about five toys each.

It all centered on the fact we are so thankful to have each other and share in each other's life. It took some extra time to form our family as it is today, but it was so worth all the heartache and anxiety we all felt during the waiting period. My feeling is God knew what He was doing. And He has blessed our family beyond what I could ever have imagined.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment