This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today is Tuesday. Like every other Tuesday, Alex arrives around 7:20AM. He is in a great mood, as always. Of course, he wants to watch his "wake up" show. After the show, Papa tells Alex that he has to go to the store and that he should eat a good breakfast for Nana and be a good boy. Papa commences to give me instructions on how to microwave two pancakes and 4 slices of bacon (which I have been doing for ten years). I admit I don't cook, but really.

Next, to add insult to injury, Alex tells Papa, "Tell Nana to go to the store and you stay home." Papa leaves. Alex lays on the couch and crosses his legs waving one of them like kids do. I asked him what he was doing just laying there. He says, "I'm waiting for Papa." About an hour later he runs to the door and opens it. I asked him where he was going. His answer was, "Looking to see if Papa was home yet." Now I know what it feels like to be chopped liver. Another day with a grandchild. Another memory.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment