This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Fun Vacation at The Cape




We had a fantastic vacation dominated by sun and fun at the Cape with The Film Family, once again. Emily and Kara spent hours in the pool and ocean. Emily has turned into a fish, like her sister. Even Nana went in the ocean twice. But I want you to know, Papa was never far away from me. Brave I am not.

It is so much fun seeing the same people year after year. You actually develop a friendship. God knows, Papa spends hours talking with to his once a year friends. But that is as it should be.

Papa asked me where I wanted to go shopping. I told him I only wanted to go to Linda's. There are these two rustic buildings filled with the most unique, beautiful treasures. The store's inventory covers just about anything one would want; but many are handmade thus making them one of a kind. Well, we drove till we finally got there. LINDA'S IS CLOSED and the buildings are for sale. I still can not believe it. The Cape will never be quite the same in my eyes.

I can still see Zack on the beach playing in the sand not too long after he came home to his Forever Family. And I am blessed to have that same memory of Kara, Emily and Alex. The Cape holds a very special place in my heart. Many awesome memories were made and are yet to be made there by each member of our family.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment