This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Ryan Family 4th of July Reunion Picnic


This fourth of July is the best I have had in years. Aunt Ginny and Uncle Timmy had a "Ryan Family Reunion Picnic." It was so much fun to have all of us together. Uncle Raymond and Aunt Rollande were here from Canada. They never miss an occasion to get together with their family. There was swimming, baseball, badminton, card playing and croquet. David and Megan made balloons into whatever each of you kids wanted. Nana was given one in the shape of a swan (I still have it). They actually learned how on Utube just for the party.

Our family as a whole is so big; each family is running in different directions. Getting everyone together is a great feat. Aunt Ginny doesn't give up until she accomplishes what she sets out to do. We got caught up on each families lives. So much is happening with your generation.

I want to thank Aunt Ginny and Uncle Timmy for all they did to put this picnic together. They certainly went above and beyond what was necessary. And, Mom, thank you for making the sun shine. It didn't look good there for awhile. All those prayers and rosaries hanging outside brought you right to us. I felt the presence of you, Dad, Harpy, Margie, Eric and our sweet baby Amanda.

The days of summer are flying by, but this one I hold in my memory. There is nothing more precious than one's family. I missed all those who could not be with us, but thoroughly enjoyed being with all those who could. I hope this has become a lasting memory for all of you.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment