This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Celebration of Aunt Irene's Life


June 3rd we had a great "Celebration of Aunt Irene's Life." We celebrated with a yummy cake and ice cream. But most important, we reflected on the way Aunt Irene touched our lives. I asked everyone what (s)he immediately thought of when (s)he heard Aunt Irene's name. The funniest answer was Kristen said whenever I ask the kids if they want fruit I sound just like Aunt Irene. She always said, "Would you like a nice piece of fruit?" I never realized I said that.

Although I'm not surprised that I say and do many things like my special person. I could go on and on recalling all the happy memories I have of times spent with Aunt Irene and Uncle Manuel. They made me feel so special; actually they still make me feel special. I will miss them every day of my life. But I am so lucky the sound of their names brings a smile to my face and love in my heart.

I hope you all have that "special person" in your lives.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment