This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Zack's & Alex's Mom Turns 40!


I can't believe my baby girl is 40 years old! It seems like only yesterday Shelley was eating handfuls of the beautiful teddy bear cake Aunt Angela's Mom made for her party. All our family celebrated with us which is like a small wedding. Papa and I have such great memories of that day.

Don planned a great surprise party for Shelley. It was held at Aunt TT's and Uncle Corey's. You can see in the layout above how many people were there (Do you see and kids? Nope. It was an adult party.). The best part for Papa and me was Zack and Alex had a sleepover at our house. We watched a movie; of course had popcorn. In the morning we heard our buddies asking for pancakes and bacon.

I feel so blessed to have so many memories of celebrations with family and friends. There are also those times a family has to pull together and be there for each other. And we always have. Your great grandparents must be so proud. They taught us what family means. My Dad always said if you have nothing else, you will always have your family. And, as usual, he was right.

Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment