This is my second blog written to capture memories made with our grandchildren. The link to my first blog, "Meet Our Grandchildren," is listed below in the right hand column. Hope you have time to read some of it. Our journey to becoming grandparents has been full of adventure and much love.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kara's Original Sketches




The above are two of Kara's latest works of art. Every time I look at these sketches, I notice something new to my eyes. I can feel the depth perception Kara creates in the gravestone sketch. The moon appears to be way off in the distance. It obviously is fall as the tree limbs are bare of their leaves. The bats in flight tell me it is night.

A few years back, Papa and I where sitting on our deck. Papa decided to open the table umbrella. When he did, bats came flying out. I was horrified. It was also the first time I had seen the tiny, intricate face of a bat. Kara's depiction is so realistic; the huge eyes, the pointed ears, the V-shaped chin, the outstretched feet.

Kara is taking private art lessons now. Her mentor must teach her to draw her subject as it looks through her eyes. But I don't have eyes like Kara's. Mine miss so many details. And if they noticed them, my hands still could not draw them. I lack that God given talent. Kara, you are so blessed.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment